Beetroot juice has been elevated to the status of a super-food owing to its many benefits. But, did you know that it can boost your stamina? Or remove blemishes from your skin?Beetroot juice has some rather surprising benefits to offer for your skin, hair, and health. To know more, read on!
5 Ways To Use Beetroot For Healthy Hair:
Hair loss is one the common problems during monsoon. Along with the beetroot therapy, these 5 simple tricks can also prevent hair fall during monsoon
1. Prevent Premature Balding And Hair Loss:
- Take the juice of two beetroots, freshly grated ginger juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix it to form a paste and work it all the way into your scalp, to the tips of your hair.
- Keep for around 15-20 minutes, during which you can figure out what to do with that red juice seeping down your back!
2. Relief From An Itchy Scalp:
- Cut up a beetroot into two halves and directly rub it on your scalp.
- Its juice will seep into your scalp and remove dead skin cells, moisturising it from within. Leave it in for 15 minutes for dandruff and itch free scalp.
- Repeat it once in a week and bask in your hair’s naturally healthy shine!
3. As A Hair Mask:
- All you need is the juice of 2-3 beetroots (depending on your hair length) and some ground coffee.
- Mix both together to form a hair mask and apply it to your hair.
- Leave it in for an hour and then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- There are umpteen beetroot uses, not only to prevent hair loss, but to improve the overall quality of your hair as well.
- Get back your hair’s thickness and shine lost in so much of pollution.
4. Prevent Dandruff:
- You need the juice or pulp of 2 beetroots and half a cup of neem water.
- Mix it together and leave it in for half an hour.
- Rinse it off with Head & Shoulders Anti Dandruff Shampoo- Smooth & Silky and repeat once a week for some amazing results. It can’t get any simpler than this!
5. As A Natural Hair Colour:
- We promised to let you in on our secret recipe for naturally red hair colour. It’s time!
- You need at least a cup of beetroot juice, half a cup of black tea and half a cup of rose water.
- Mix it all and apply to your hair for an hour.
Other Benefits Of Beetroot Juice
- Iron helps in the production of red blood cells in the body.
- Beetroot has foliates that help the synthesis of DNA in the cells.
- The fibers in beetroot are helpful in slowing down the conversion of fiber in glucose. Thus, it is very beneficial for people who have type-2 diabetes.
- Fiber is also helpful in reducing cholesterol.
- Nitrates present in beetroot widen the blood vessels which help in exercising in a better way. Thus, it is very important for athletes.
- Beetroot also has silica. Silica is helpful for strengthening hair and bones and even for maintaining a good and glowing skin.
Beetroot juice is essentially health in a glass. So make sure that you incorporate it into your diet. Don’t forget to share your beetroot recipes with us in the comments section below.